Millcombe House from across the valley © C J Webster

Millcombe House was built by William Hudson Heaven in 1836, two years after he bought the island. It has an inward sloping roof to collect rainwater and is situated in the valley after which it is named, sheltered from westerly winds.

Anti-aircraft trench

Battery Point

Beacon Hill

Brazen Ward

Brick Field

Halfway Wall

John O'Groat's House

Mangonel Battery

Millcombe

Montagu Steps

MV Kaaksburg

Pondsbury

Punchbowl Valley

Quarry Cottages

Hospital

Quarter Wall

Rocket Pole

Church

Castle

The Devil's Limekiln

The Devil's Slide

The Earthquake

Landing Bay

North Light

Old Light

Quarries

South Light

Village

Tibbetts

Back to location list

Website design and build by Garganey Consulting using Joomla!