St Helen's from the west © C J Webster

The church of St Helen was completed in 1897 on the orders of the owner of Lundy, the Rev. Hudson Grossett Heaven, who devoted a legacy to its construction. Prior to that a corrugated iron chapel had been used, built in 1885 with a gift from a relative.

sc34

Anti-aircraft trench

Battery Point

Beacon Hill

Brazen Ward

Brick Field

Halfway Wall

John O'Groat's House

Mangonel Battery

Millcombe

Montagu Steps

MV Kaaksburg

Pondsbury

Punchbowl Valley

Quarry Cottages

Hospital

Quarter Wall

Rocket Pole

Church

Castle

The Devil's Limekiln

The Devil's Slide

The Earthquake

Landing Bay

North Light

Old Light

Quarries

South Light

Village

Tibbetts

Back to location list

Website design and build by Garganey Consulting using Joomla!