Tibbetts with the encircling wall © C J Webster

The admiralty built this signal station in 1909 on one of the best vantage points on the island. Originally it had a timber observation room on the roof but this was removed by the Landmark Trust when they converted the building into a holiday cottage; they also added the circular wall which presently surrounds the building.

The location was also the site of a bronze age barrow which was opened in 1922. Further bronze age pottery, found in the spoil when a septic tank was installed, suggests that there may have been other burials around.

Website design and build by Garganey Consulting using Joomla!