Location of St Helen's Church

St Helen's Church

The church of St Helen was completed in 1897 on the orders of the owner of Lundy, the Rev. Hudson Grossett Heaven, who devoted a legacy to its construction. Prior to that a corrugated iron chapel had been used, built in 1885 with a gift from a relative.

The church interior
Beacon Hill Montagu Steps Devil's Limekiln Rocket Pole St Helen's Church The South Light The Castle Millcombe The Village Anti-aircraft trenches Brick Field Quarry Cottages Quarter Wall Battery Point Punchbowl Valley The Earthquake Quarry Hospital Tibbetts Halfway Wall Mangonel Battery Brazen Ward John O'Groats House The North Light Pondsbury The Quarries The Landing Bay The Old Light Kaaksburg Devil's Slide