A celebration of 750 years of the castle on Lundy (1244-1994). It tells the story of the building of the castle on the orders of Henry III after the capture on Lundy of the rebellious William de Marisco and his execution in London in July 1242. In the Civil War the castle and island were held for the king by Thomas Bushell and in the eighteenth century were the property of Thomas Benson who housed prisoners who had been "transported". After subsequent use as a signal station and post-office the cottages built into the castle are now holiday homes.

Website design and build by Garganey Consulting using Joomla! and hosted by Stablepoint